One of the reasons people have been able to successfully use cannabis as medicine for multiple health issues is because it contains a compound called cannabidiol (CBD). This CBD component is responsible for regulating many functions in the body.
It seems that a lot of people, even the ones who use cannabis, are not always too familiar with what CBD could do for them to improve their health ailments.
Here are 10 ways that CBD could improve your health:
1) CBD is an antibacterial and slows bacterial growth. This is significant for those of us who are dealing with an imbalance of bad bacteria which can cause health problems such as gum disease, heart disease, and intestinal issues.
2) When you take CBD, it does not cause the typical “high” associated with cannabis. In fact, CBD works as a partner with THC to balance its psychoactive effects. Peoples experience with high CBD cannabis medicines is that it leaves you clear-headed, positive, energetic, and relaxed. They describe this state as feeling like themself.
3) CBD reduces inflammation. Let me repeat that, CBD reduces inflammation!! Inflammation in the body causes disease. Less inflammation, less disease.
4) CBD promotes bone growth. How many people do you know that have a musculoskeletal deficiency who would benefit from a non-toxic, natural medicine for bone growth? When we first learned that taking cannabis could keep our bones strong I think I may have teared up. There are not too many things we wouldn’t do to be able to age without a degenerating, scoliotic spine so to know that this is one of the potential benefits of the CBD medicine that we are taking leaves us feeling incredibly grateful.
5) CBD reduces function in the immune system. If you suffer with an autoimmune disorder calming your overactive immune system down is vital for your continuing health. When our immune system is overactive we have all sorts of funky things that happen to us: migraines, body pain, numb fingers and toes, and so on. Having a medicine that can help us regulate immune function is more valuable to me than the words can find.
6) CBD relieves anxiety. How neat is that? CBD’s allow us to relax and feel like somebody who can handle the regular stresses of life during spells of anxiety.
7) CBD relieves pain. This is by far the most dramatic thing that CBD does for us. To be able to have relief from the pain that is debilitating you and locking you within your body feels like absolute freedom.
8) CBD suppresses muscles spasms. We actually had to think about the last time we had muscle spasms because it has been a while. We used to get them all the time before we started using CBD but now they are something that we used to get.
9) CBD reduces blood sugar levels. High blood sugar can cause havoc in the body. Ask any person with diabetes and they will tell you that regulating your blood sugar is vital to one’s health and vitality.
10) CBD reduces seizures. We do know of a lot people who have been able to reduce and in some cases stop the seizures that they experience by using high CBD Oil.
11) CBD inhibits cancer cell growth. Oh, did we mention it fights cancer?
We are just scratching the surface here of what CBDs can do for the body but that is a pretty impressive list, isn’t it?
How does one effectively get CBDs in their body? The most superior ways that we have found to get CBD in your system is by regularly taking it orally or applying it topically to the skin.
There you have it. If you suffer from anxiety, stress, pain or want to take preventative steps against cancer (ie. if you're a human being), you may want to give CBD a try.