Everything You Want to Know about Hemp CBD Oil
The hemp plant has been used and cultivated by many civilizations worldwide since ancient times. People used to depend on the strong fibers of hemp to produce durable cloth in China and Turkestan. Hemp oil and seeds were also used as food.
Only later was hemp used as medicine in Asia, while it took many more centuries for high CBD hemp oil to be recognized for its medicinal properties in the West.
Hemp is a deeply misunderstood plant, since it comes from the same family (cannabis sativa) as marijuana. While the plants do share many similarities, it is the differences that make hemp so special.
The Differences between Industrial Hemp and Marijuana
Just because two plants belong to the same family, it does not make them identical or even very similar.
Here is a snapshot of what differentiates hemp vs. marijuana:
- Industrial hemp is bred and cultivated so it contains far less THC than marijuana.
- Hemp is much taller when harvested than marijuana.
- The production of hemp does not violate the Controlled Substances Act.
The most important of these points is that hemp naturally produces only very tiny amounts of THC, which is the illegal psychoactive substance in marijuana that causes a high.On the other hand, hemp contains quite a lot of CBD, which is a legal, non-psychoactive cannabinoid. High CBD hemp oil offers almost as many health benefits as THC-rich medical marijuana (if not more).
The Health Benefits of High CBD Hemp Oil
CBD has been shown by many studies and continuing research to have many health benefits similar, if not identical, to those of medical marijuana products.
Among the must-know facts about cannabidiol are its potent health benefits:
High CBD hemp oil, when produced properly, contains almost no THC and can’t possibly cause a high or any psychoactive effects. So there are none of the legal problems and side effects associated with medical marijuana.
- Diminished Nausea (great for people undergoing chemotherapy)
- Improved Appetite
- Pain Relief
- Stress Relief
- Anxiety Reduction (helps diminish anxiety attacks and general anxiety)
- There is also research underway to discover if CBD has any effects on curing cancer, asthma, multiple sclerosis and epilepsy.
What’s the Difference between High CBD Hemp Oil and other CBD Products?
CBD is simply CBD, no matter which cannabis plant you get it from. CBD is short for cannabidiol, which is one of the (more than 60) cannabinoids contained in most cannabis/marijuana/hemp plants.
The difference lies in how much CBD every plant contains. Some cannabis strains contain very little CBD, making it almost ineffective.
High CBD marijuana strains, on the other hand, might contain a lot of CBD but also contain a significant amount of THC. Since THC causes strong highs and is still an illegal substance in many states, high-CBD marijuana strains are a risky business.
Hemp oil, on the other hand, contains almost no THC and more CBD than most other natural products.
This is why high CBD hemp oil is the best choice if you want to try a non-psychoactive, legal product that contains little to no THC.
What’s the Difference between Hemp and Cannabis?
Many people still assume hemp and cannabis are the same plant. Sure, they’re both classified under the botanical name “cannabis sativa L,” but that’s where the similarities stop. They do come from the same family, but, from the way they look to the properties they contain, hemp and cannabis really are quite different .
- Hemp and cannabis grow differently and have very dissimilar physical characteristics.
- Cannabis plants grown for their THC content tend to grow rather short and bushy, usually only reaching heights of 5-6 ft.
- Hemp plants can reach heights of up to 20 ft and more closely resemble bamboo than typical cannabis plants.
- The average cannabis plant will produce flowers containing THC levels of 10-14%.
- Hemp plants contain barely any THC at all. The average content of THC in hemp is between .05 and 1%.
- Hemp has been shown to contain more CBD than the typical cannabis plant.
- The chemical composition of hemp and cannabis is completely different.
- Hemp is grown in over 30 different countries while cannabis remains illegal in most.
How to Purchase High CBD Hemp Oil
There are shops online that offer CBD hemp oil, and it is possible to find similar products in medical marijuana shops in the states where they are legal.
When you want to buy high-quality hemp oil, it is important to remember that deriving pure CBD from the plant is an expensive procedure. CBD oil is, thus, a pricy supplement.
If you find a CBD product that is cheap, it is very probable that the product is impure or simply not made well.
The best way to ensure that your high CBD hemp oil is pure and of high quality is to buy it from sources like our site, Bayshore Botanicals
, that offer the highest quality CBD Oil at reasonable prices.